Effective Date: 10 July 2020
Xakia Technologies Pty Ltd ABN 93 612 857 593 (together with its affiliates, “Xakia” or “we”) takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We are committed to respecting the privacy of your information whenever you:
- Access or use our online legal matter management service (the “Service”) or otherwise interact with the Xakia platform;
- Interact with us from outside of the platform, for instance by emailing us for support services, enrolling in our webinars through our website (www.xakiatech.com), or obtaining our newsletters or downloadable material;
- Visit our website; or
- Otherwise provide us with personal information in your capacity as an existing or potential Xakia customer, contractor, supplier, or employee.
Our collection of personal information
What information we may collect
The types of personal information that Xakia may collect about you include:
- Your name and contact details (such as your phone number, email address or postal address);
- Your age or date of birth;
- Your credit card information;
- A record of any communications, interactions or agreements we have with you;
- If you use our website, your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- If you are an existing or potential contractor, supplier, or employee, your occupation, position description and professional background (such as your expertise and qualifications), and any other information which is reasonably necessary to enable us to make an assessment as to whether to do business with or employ you; and
- Any other personal information about you that you provide to us directly by any means.
How we collect it
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you only (for example, when you register for or use the Service, access our website, communicate with us, or invest in or inquire about our business).
Personal information will sometimes be provided to us by third parties (for example, our service providers, business contacts and network, or recruiters). Where this occurs, we will comply with any obligations we may have under applicable privacy laws to notify you of our collection of your personal information.
Information that you enter into our platform or provide to us
Our use of personal information
Xakia uses personal information about you to enable us to provide you with the Service, interact with you about the Service or our business, or engage or employ you (or consider to do so).
For example, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity or your credit card details;
- To enable you to access and use, or inquire about, our website, Service and other software applications;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimize our website, Service and other software applications, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics (including e-mail tracking), conduct research or engage in advertising and marketing;
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other information related to your use of the Service;
- To administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and/or
- To consider your employment application.
Xakia will not use personal information for any other or new purpose except with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
For marketing purposes
If we have obtained your consent, we may also use your personal information to promote and market our services and business to you, including through electronic methods such as email or SMS.
Our sharing of personal information with others
- Our third party suppliers and service providers (for example, our information technology providers, administrative services providers, or website operators). However, our service providers are only permitted to access and use personal information necessary to provide their services and are not permitted to disclose this information to others;
- A third party in connection with a sale or transfer of any of our assets or businesses. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the third party not to use or disclose your personal information and to completely delete such information; or
- Any other person or organization to which you expressly authorize us to make disclosures, or to which disclosure is required or permitted by law.
We may also share any personal information that we hold about you when:
- We are legally required to do so, for instance in response to legal processes or court orders, to protect our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands; or
- We need to do so to investigate or take action in situations involving illegal activities, fraud, potential threats to personal safety, or abuse of our Service or platform or the internet in general (such as denial of service attacks, voluminous spamming or attempts to compromise the security of the website infrastructure or our Service of platform generally).
Your consent and your right to withdraw consent
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, without such consent, Xakia may limit the Services it is able to provide you.
Please note that even if you opt-out of commercial communications, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account. If you have any questions about your choices or if you need any assistance with opting out, please contact us.
Our transfer of personal information outside of Canada
Data entered into the Xakia platform, including any personal information about other individuals that may be contained in such data, will be transferred to a designated location selected by each customer, in accordance with our Terms of Service. We have taken steps to ensure that our data hosting providers does not have access to, and use the necessary level of protection for, such data.
Personal information that is collected through other means, including through our public-facing website, may be transferred transfer to third party service providers and affiliates located outside of Canada, including in Australia and the United States. These service providers and affiliates assist us with our platform and website operations, provision of our Service, marketing and business communications, and Cloud-based data storage. As a result, your personal information may be accessed by the courts and law enforcement and public authorities of such countries pursuant to local legislation. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients of your personal information outside of Canada protect it from theft, loss or unauthorized use or disclosure.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from theft, loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. We use appropriate physical, administrative, and technical measures to protect your personal information.
However, the internet is not a completely secure environment, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. By using our website, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee, and that you use our website at your own risk.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
If you would like to make a request:
- For a copy of any personal information that we hold about you, or,
- To correct, or, where relevant, erase the personal information we hold about you;
Please contact us using the details provided below. In most circumstances, we will comply with your request. If we deny your request (or part of your request), we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you make any such request in relation to your personal information.
Obtaining a copy of your personal information may require payment of a fee not exceeding what is permitted by applicable law.
Certain personal information may need to be retained by Xakia for a period of time following cancellation of your account where necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required by applicable law.
Making a complaint
If you think we have violated an applicable privacy law, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, please contact us by using the details provided below.
Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time.
4700 Belleview, Ste 404
Kansas City MO 64112
+1 (816) 208-0144