Create a legal technology roadmap in 4 steps
Does every member of your legal team use a different ‘system’ for organizing and completing tasks? Is your current in house legal software unreliable, unsupported or don’t sync with other platforms? If your current in house legal department software isn’t working, or if you’re considering investing in more tech this year, it’s important to build a technology roadmap that will help guide your planning, purchases and implementation.
Download your guide now
It's important to have a legal technology roadmap - it will outline how LegalTech will support the business strategy and help drive business priorities over the next three to five years. Without a plan, you're likely to end up with the wrong technology or worse, technology that doesn't work together.
Complete the form and download our white paper now to find out how you can create a legal technology roadmap in four steps.
Three out of four Legal Departments say their current technology doesn't meet their needs.
Consero Group, Corporate Legal Operations Report
It’s time to commit to a smarter approach to LegalTech
Although it is not an arduous exercise, building a legal technology roadmap is too often skipped by Legal Departments (which, perhaps, is why so many say their technology fails them).
According to our Legal Operations Health Check, about 14% of in-house legal teams have roadmaps and use them at least “moderately well.” Nearly one-third (32 percent) say they recognize the value of a legal matter management technology strategy.
This white paper will provide a framework to get you started.
You know you need a legal technology roadmap when:
- Team members return from conferences asking for the latest fill-in-the-blank app
- Your Legal Department has no technology budget… or relationship with IT
- Every member of your team has a different “system” for organizing and completing tasks
- Your current legal matter management software is unreliable, unsupported or won’t sync together with other legal tools
What should a legal technology roadmap include?
These may vary in complexity and scope, but legal technology roadmaps should contain:
- A strategy statement with the list of strategic priorities for the business (not technology-specific)
- A prioritized list of improvement opportunities
- A timeline of the initiatives and projects that will occur over the next several years
- High-level justifications for each project
- Estimated costs and durations for each project
- An 'owner' for each project
We'll help you build a technology roadmap that will guide your planning, purchases and implementation
Download our white paper to find out:
- Why you should have a legal technology roadmap
- How to define the composition of your roadmap
- How to build your legal roadmap in line with the goals and priorities of your department
When you have completed your plan, you should be able to answer how:
- Your legal technology roadmap helps your business clients
- It makes your legal department more efficient
- It improves your service delivery
- Your plan advances company strategy
Download our white paper now to get started.
Learn how to create a legal technology roadmap in 4 steps
If your current enterprise legal management software isn’t working, or if you’re considering investing in more tech this year, it’s important to build a technology roadmap that will help guide your planning, purchases and implementation. Our resource also includes an in-house legal technology roadmap template to help you get started.
Complete the form and download the white paper now.
Additional legal software technology resources
Getting ready to implement a new matter management software? 10 questions to ask before you go to your CIO